Homeland Security Grant Program Announcements:
- FY23 Implementation PowerPoint and Manual are provided below.
- FY23 HSGP Grant Forms are provided below. Please use only forms that have been provided by Program Managers or located below.
- FY24 Homeland Security Grant Program will open on or around March 2024. Please be on the lookout for Notice of Funding announcements starting in February 2024.
Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP): The HSGP grant is provided to local police, fire departments and emergency operations agencies for protection against terrorism attacks. Funds can be used for equipment, training/exercises, and supplies for awarded programs. The following information is shared in support of the Mississippi Homeland Security Grant Program.
National Priorities: Each year FEMA provides states with areas of priority that should be a focus on for the upcoming grant year. For the current grant year of FY23, FEMA has designated the following program areas, as National Priorities, with a funding requirement of thirty (30) percent of all funds must be awarded to the following areas.
National Priorities for FY23:
- Enhancing the protection of soft targets/crowded places. 3% minimum spending requirement.
- Enhancing information and intelligence sharing and cooperation with federal agencies, including DHS. 3% minimum spending requirement.
- Combating domestic violent extremism. 3% minimum spending requirement.
- Enhancing community preparedness and resilience. 3% minimum spending requirement.
- Enhancing election security. 3% minimum spending requirement.
- Enhancing cybersecurity (including election security). No spending requirement.
Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Activities: Each year FEMA provides states with the minimum percent that must be all allocated toward Law Enforcement Terrorism Prevention Activities (LEPTA). During FY23, state must allocate thirty-five (35) percent of all funding toward these projects.
Grant Funding Cycle:
Grant Funding Opportunities:
NEW APPLICATION DOCUMENTS ARE CLOSED.
- FY23 Notice of Funding for Homeland Security Grant Program
- FY23 Homeland Security Grant Application.
- FY23 Homeland Security Funding Guidelines
- FY23 Homeland Security Grant Writing Powerpoint
Application Review and Award: Each Grant Application that is received by the MOHS goes through a lengthy review process, please see below the review process of the MOHS. The Homeland Security Grant Program applications are accessed, reviewed, and awarded completely through the MOHS.
FY23 Homeland Security Grant Implementation: At the end of each application review process, the Grant Application will become a Grant Award if approved for funding. A Notification of Award is sent to all applicants that are funded or not funded. If an agency is not funded, all applications will be kept for one (1) year. If funding comes available from grant reallocation funds, the MOHS will review all previous Grant Applications and determine if previous applications can be awarded.
When a jurisdiction is awarded for grant funding, then each jurisdiction will be provided information about a required Implementation meeting. Implementation meeting will be held to go over all grant information that will be needed for the grant year. Information will be provided on what is required for the grant, how to fill out the grant award packet and grant forms that will be required for the grant year.
- FY23 HSGP Implementation Power Point
- FY23 Sub-Recipient Grant Administrator's Manual
FY23 Grant Forms: Once a jurisdiction is awarded a Grant Award and has attended Grant Implementation, it is time to begin procurement and reporting on the grant. Please see the below forms that were provided at Implementation and will be used during the grant year.
- Sub-Recipient Grant Administrator Form (SGA)
- FY23 Program Manager Workbook (Reimbursement/Performance Report, Inventory Form, and Closeout Form)-FILE REQUIRES DOWNLOAD
- Request for Pre-Approval of $75,000.00 or Above Procurement Form
- Request for Change (Extension, Advance, Minor Change and Modification)
- MOHS Equipment Inventory Form- FILE REQUIRES DOWNLOAD
- Environmental and Historic Preservation Screening Form (EHP)
- Grant Funded Activity Sheet (Personnel Only)
- Supplemental Reimbursement Claim and Progress Report (To be Used, if Grant is past 1 Year and 4th Quarter)
- FY23 Closeout Form
FEMA and Other Federal Resources:
- Grant Opportunities: Additional information about each grant programs, grant funding opportunities and grant details can be found at Federal Emergency Management Agency website at: https://www.fema.gov/grants/preparedness
- FEMA Preparedness Manual: https://www.fema.gov/grants/preparedness/manual
- FEMA National Response Framework: https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/national-preparedness/frameworks/response
- Grants.gov: Information about grant opportunities from all federal agencies. https://www.grants.gov/
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Supercircular) https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-2/subtitle-A/chapter-II/part-200