Cybersecurity Grant Announcements:
- The Mississippi Office of Homeland Security has submitted the federal application for this grant program. The MOHS was the 5th state to submit the application to FEMA for award funds.
- Local grant applications are not currently available at this time but will be opened in the near future.
- The State must prepare and have approved a statewide Cybersecurity Plan to FEMA/CISA before any grant funds may be released.
- For more information about potential grant opportunities, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
State and Local Cybersecurity Grant Program: The State and Local Cybersecurity Grant Program (SLCGP) provides funds to state and local entities to combat the ever-increasing number of cybersecurity risks. Strengthening cybersecurity practices and resilience is a priority for the Homeland Security and a primary focus.
Objective 1: Develop and establish appropriate governance structures, including developing, implementing, or revising cybersecurity plans, to improve capabilities to respond to cybersecurity incidents and ensure continuity of operations.
Objective 2: Understand the current cybersecurity posture and areas for improvement based on continuous testing, evaluation, and structured assessments.
Objective 3: Implement security protections commensurate with risk.
Objective 4: Ensure organization personnel are trained in cybersecurity.
- Establish a Mississippi Cybersecurity Planning Committee.
- Develop a statewide Cybersecurity Plan.
- Conduct assessments and evaluations for the basis of individual projects funded through this grant.
- Adopt key cybersecurity best practices.
Mississippi Cybersecurity Planning Committee (MCPC):
As part of the SLCGP grant, the Mississippi Office of Homeland Security must establish a planning committee to help with the decision making and planning for the grant program, as well as grant funding. The committee has voted and approved the Charter below to establish this committee.
Mississippi Cybersecurity Planning Committee-FY22 Charter
If you are interested in joining the MCPC, please contact us at: email@example.com