Non-Profit Grant Announcements:
- FY23 Non-Profit Grant Application is OPEN for Application. Please see documents below.
- FY23 Non-Profit Grant Writing: March 8 and March 15, 2023. Please RSVP to: email@example.com.
- FY23 Non-Profit Grant Deadline: March 29, 2023
- FEMA Resources for upcoming FY23 Grant Application. Information is subject to change, but this are provided as resources.
Non-Profit Grant Program: The Non-Profit Grant Program (NSGP) provides funding for security-related and physical security enhancements to 501c3 non-profit organizations and houses of worship. The NSGP is a competitive grant program which promotes emergency preparedness coordination and collaboration activities between public and private community representatives, as well as state, local and tribal government agencies.
Grant Funding Available: Up to $150,000.00 per site. Must be separate addresses.
Maximum site allowance: 3 sites.
**FY23 Non-Profit Grant Funding Opportunities:
FY23 Notice of Application Preparation Workshop-February 8 and February 22, 2023:
- FY23 Notice of Application Preparation
- FY23 Non-Profit Application PowerPoint- Slides from Non-Profit Application Sessions.
FY23 Application Documents are OPEN. DEADLINE March 29, 2023, by 5:00 p.m. PDF Fillable Version is the ONLY format acceptable for Application Submission.
- FY23 Non-Profit Notice of Funding
- FY23 FEMA Non-Profit Grant Investment Justification Application. MUST be opened in Adobe PDF. Agencies may need to update Adobe to newest versions available.
- FY23 Non-Profit Funding Guidelines
- FY23 Non-Profit Grant Writing Powerpoint
Non-Profit Grant Applications require the following documents for a completed application.
- Vulnerability/Risk Assessment: Each applicant is required to submit a Vulnerability Assessment along with the Application.
- Available Resources: Please use one of the following resources:
- Unique Entity Identification (UEI).
- Must be registered in SAMS.gov to register for UEI.
- Please see link below for additional assistance for obtaining a UEI.
- NSGP Investment Justification (Application)
- Mission Statement: Please include a mission statement on jurisdiction letterhead.
- Supporting documentation
Non-Profit Grant Application Review and Award: Each grant application that is received by the MOHS goes through a review process, please see below for the Non-Profit grant review process.
Grant Implementation: At the end of each application review process, the Grant Application will become a Grant Award if approved for funding. A Notification of Award is sent to all applicants that are funded or not funded. If an agency is not funded, all applications will be kept for one (1) year. If funding comes available from grant reallocation funds, the MOHS will review all previous Grant Applications and determine if previous applications can be awarded.
When a jurisdiction is awarded for grant funding, then each jurisdiction will be provided information about a required Implementation meeting. Implementation meeting will be held to go over all grant information that will be needed for the grant year. Information will be provided on what is required for the grant, how to fill out the grant award packet and grant forms that will be required for the grant year.
- FY22 Implementation Power Point
- FY22 Sub-Recipient Grant Administrator's (SGA) Manual
FY22 Report Dates:
FY22 Grant Forms:
- FY22 Non-Profit Grant Implementation Powerpoint
- Sub-Recipient Grant Administrator Form
- FY22 Program Manager Workbook (Reimbursement, Performance, and Inventory) FILE REQUIRES DOWNLOAD
- Request for Pre-Approval of $75,000.00 and Above Procurement Form
- Request for Advance
- Request for Extension
- Request for Minor Change
- MOHS Equipment Inventory Form FILE REQUIRES DOWNLOAD
- Environmental and Historic Preservation Screening Form
- Grant Funded Activity Sheet (Personnel and M&A)
FEMA and Other Federal Resources:
- FEMA Non-Profit Grant Information: Nonprofit Security Grant Program | FEMA.gov
- Grant Opportunities: Additional information about each grant programs, grant funding opportunities and grant details can be found at Federal Emergency Management Agency website at: https://www.fema.gov/grants/preparedness
- FEMA Preparedness Manual: https://www.fema.gov/grants/preparedness/manual
- FEMA National Response Framework: https://www.fema.gov/emergency-managers/national-preparedness/frameworks/response
- Grants.gov: Information about grant opportunities from all federal agencies. https://www.grants.gov/
- Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Supercircular) https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-2/subtitle-A/chapter-II/part-200