Cybersecurity is the protection of internet-connected systems from cyberthreats and is one of the fastest growing areas of threats and hazards for the citizens of Mississippi. Cyberthreats and attacks are designed to access, alter, delete, destroy, or extort funds from individuals and organizations.
Cybersecurity has been designated as a FY20 and FY21 national priority for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), with the availability of grant program funding. As part of this national priority, the Mississippi Office of Homeland Security would like to provide your jurisdiction with an opportunity for grant funding that is focused on cybersecurity improvements and increased security measures.
- Eligibility: All Mississippi Election Officials
- Program Description: The FY20 Election School Cybersecurity Grant Initiative will support local jurisdictions to improve the overall cybersecurity of their election/voter data, as well as providing Mississippi with a prioritized commitment to cybersecurity. Funds will be provided for the purchase of specialized equipment to enhance the capability of local agencies to prevent, respond and mitigate incidents of terrorism involving cyber-attacks.
- Grant Application Release: November 12, 2021
- Grant Application Due: December 3, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- Equipment: Grant Funds must be used and focused on the national priority, cybersecurity and not for general use equipment. Additional items can be found under the FEMA Authorized Equipment List (AEL).
Please see attached list of allowable equipment with the AEL numbers, type of equipment and equipment description.
- Funding Amounts: Funding up to $50,000.00 for cybersecurity equipment. If funds are not fully allocated, additional grant funds may be awarded to applicant. Additional funds will be based on application, need and funds available.
- Application can be found:
- Emailed to all Mississippi Election Security Officials
- MOHS Website: https://www.homelandsecurity.ms.gov/grants/grant-forms
- Application Submission:
- Email completed application to: email@example.com
For questions or further information about this grant opportunity, please contact the Mississippi Office of Homeland Security Grants Director, Beth Loflin at: (601) 346-1504 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by filling out the grant application here.